Battle: Contact Grills vs Open Grills
You might get a confusion whether to choose a contact grill or an open grill. Both of them will give you a great output of food. The choice and preference are yours. The best contact grill in the market is Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler. This product will give you all the features and capabilities a contact grill can give you. On the other hand, the best open grill is Delonghi BG-24 indoor grill. This grill has a beautiful glass lid and unique features that make it the best among the open grills. You can compare these two products here.
There are some differences between contact grills and open grills. I’m giving you some features of these two types of grills so that you can differentiate between them.
- Cover: First of all, the main difference between these two types of grill is that contact grills come with a floating cover, and open grills contain a lid. In our 10 best products, most of them are contact style grills. Though there are some open grills that give an excellent output.
- Cooking time: Contact grills take less time to cook than an open grill. Because with a contact grill, you don’t have to flip the food repeatedly. The floating cover lets the food be cooked evenly on both sides at the same time. So after preheating for 10 minutes, you will have to place the food on the grill, and your food will be cooked under 15-20 minutes. On the other hand, open grills take a lot of time to cook. Because you have to flip the food so that the food is cooked evenly on both sides. It takes more time than a contact grill.
- Taste: It is hard to compare between contact grills and open grills. With open grills, you get a tender and juicier flavor because of the glass lid. The glass lid helps to create smoke in the grill and it gives your meat a juicy flavor. On the other hand, the contact grills cook evenly on the both sides. There is more possibility with the contact grills to have an evenly cooked food.
- Experience: With open grills you will have a great experience like outdoor grills. Because of the open upper part, it will give you a nice experience like outdoor grilling. On the other hand, most of the work will be done by the contact grill. Because you will just have to put the food in the grill and close the cover. Your food will be cooked after some minutes.
- Cleaning up: Cleaning up is way easier with open grills than contact grills. For most of the open grills, the grill plates are removable. So you just have to take off the grill plates and put it in the dishwasher. But with contact grills, it is a pretty hard task to clean them. If the plates are non-removable, then you will have to do a lot of work to clean it.
- Features: Contact grills usually contain a lot more feature than open grills. With contact grills, grilling is easier. Because all the features work very nicely, and all you have to do is to press some buttons. On the other hand, open grills contain fewer
By these basic differences, you can choose which type of grill you want. Either you can have a contact grill or an open grill. Both types of the grill will give you a nice output.